Odd facts –
- in 1896 the first speeding conviction was handed out to a Walter Arnold who was clocked at doing mph when the limit was 4 mph. Later that year, the speed limit was raised to 14 mph.
- There are about 136 permanently inhabited island in the UK, the largest two being Great Britain and Ireland.
- In the first three months of the year more than 1700 free to use cash machines changed to charging for withdrawals.
- There are now 51,000 free to use machines, in 2018 there were 54,500.
- The first life insurance policy was taken out in 1583 by a gentleman named William Gibbons. The term was 12 months and he duly expired within that period.